The Fox Den is a beautiful and functional way to keep all your pups safe and happy! It is compatible with the Retail and Kickstarter versions of The Fox Experiment by Pandasaurus Games.
This insert is designed to utilize the spaces in the plastic insert that comes with the base game. It supports the 5-6 player expansion, and the upgraded tokens/tiles that come with the deluxe Kickstarter version.
There are a couple of small compromises we implemented to fit everything and to keep the cost for the insert down:
- It is not intended to be a "full box insert". Rather the storage boxes fit into the spaces of the original plastic insert.
- We did not provide any storage for the dice as this would have increased the cost of the insert while not helping with organization. The existing dice well works just great without any need for additional trays/boxes.
- There is no support for sleeved cards. There just isn't enough room without resorting to a full-box organizer system.
- With the 5-6 player expansion, a couple components pushed outside of the spaces dedicated to them... therefore:
- We recommend taking the large cards for two of the players (players 5 & 6) and putting them under the plastic tray.
- Also, the extra two dry erase markers can also go under the plastic tray.
- Finally, six of the Friendly Tokens were distributed to the player boxes (since most players start with 1 or more).
- If you don't have the 5-6 player expansion, you will have lots of spare room, particularly in the dice well.
The organizer has plenty of space for the game board and the 6 player boards (either the standard cardboard ones or the neoprene deluxe ones). If you are okay with a tiny amount of lid-lift (about 3mm), you can store both sets of player boards in the box.
There are 6 Player boxes, 2 Trait boxes, and 2 "Miscellaneous" boxes to organize all the tokens and markers used in the game. They were all designed to be used during game play to make easy access to everything you need! The boxes are also designed to nest together so they fit securely inside the game box without shifting around.
The organizer is available in beautifully sealed/finished 1/8" African Mahogany plywood. The organizer comes flat-packed and requires assembly, but it is quick and easy and does not require glue or any special tools (a small hammer or mallet is useful). There will be protective tape on all sheets which you will need to peel before assembly. Click Here to learn more about the materials we use in our products.
Note that these organizers are produced on-demand and generally take 4-5 business days before they are shipped.
Note that The Shipshape Gamer is not affiliated with, nor is this organizer a licensed product of Pandasaurus Games, the producers of The Fox Experiment.